Tuesday, July 17, 2007

settling.

I am finally starting to feel settled. 

I have a job that I love, that I finally have some creative control over. Of course, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be doing what I'm doing now. I have been working my ASS off for the past 3 years, trying to justify to myself that I'm doing the right thing, that I did not send my life shooting off in a worthless direction- grappling with the fact that I decided not to go to law school, that I did not pursue the path I had been following for the past 5 years before that. I tried so hard to forget every single day that I was working myself to death, being underpaid, underappreciated, and abused... but now, everything is different. I am embarking on the 6th week of my career overhaul, and the dust is finally settling. I have realized that hard work DOES really pay off, good deeds really DON'T go unnoticed, and good things DO happen to good people. All I have to say is THANK YOU. Thank you all of you for the support, thank you for sticking by me, thank you for lending your shoulders, lending your hands, and lending me the support I needed to make it through one of the toughest transitions I've ever had to go through. I have made it out on top, and now is my time to truly shine- to make a difference, and to create something that millions of people can appreciate and enjoy every single day!!

Just as it should be, everything else has fallen into place right in line...

Jerry and I couldn't be happier. We got a house in May! We are diving in head first rennovating this great 50's style house in a perfect neighborhood, and it is so rewarding! So I guess maybe I should post some pictures of the house... it's pretty amazing! I'm faux finishing walls, Jerry's laying tile, we're picking out furniture, and becoming the most sickening domesticated ex-bar rats you have ever seen in your life!

Not to outshine the fact that we are SUCH an incredible team. It's surreal to me to have the kind of relationship that gives back. A mutually respectful, adoring, caring relationship that surprises me every single day. There is something to be said for falling in love with your best friend... it certainly makes ALL the difference. Nevermind the fact that he already has seen me at my worst and at my best, but he already knows everything about me too! No awkward conversations about past relationships- he knows! Hell, he was around to see them happening, and to help me back on my feet when they inevitably crumbled. And vice versa. It certainly is a blessing that I am SO thankful for- EVERY DAY!! :)

Ok, I guess that's enough tooting of my own horn for now. It's been so long since I've written that I guess I didn't know where to start. So many of my past blogs were melancholy, introspective, and downright depressing... it's hard to make that shift. I've never been a "happy" writer. I have always been inspired by the tragedy in my life, so I'm having to learn to express myself in new ways, and I must say it's a little intimidating!

No comments:

Post a Comment