As does often happen, one of the blogs I regularly read has shared a page from the book of my life. It's always so surprising when someone else writes about the very thing you're going through in your own affairs.
Here it is:
Iva Messy: A Friendship Breakup?
On the heels of Iva, the only thing I will add is this:
• a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection
• a person who acts as a supporter of a cause, organization, or country by giving help.
• a person who is not an enemy or who is on the same side : she was unsure whether he was friend or foe.
ORIGIN Old English frēond, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch vriend and German Freund, from an Indo-European root meaning ‘to love."
-cited from the New Oxford American Dictionary
People who are your "Friend" should show support, and care for you in the same manner as you do them. Friends do not run out on you, friends do not forsake you in the name of money, and friends do not lie or betray.
If you are associated with people who do this to you, they are in fact, NOT friends and should be eradicated from your life. At least, that's how I feel and that's the way I practice relationships within my own life.
Life is way too short to waste it on people and things that bring negativity into your life. I personally CHOOSE to have people around me who:
1. Love me as much as I love them
2. Respect me and my family the way I do theirs
3. Do not create "high school-ish" drama
4. Are positive, honest, and trustworthy
5. And enjoy every day of their lives to the fullest...
...without harming or compromising the lives of other people.
There's my 2 cents.