Thursday, September 3, 2009

good morning america.



This morning I went outside to water my plants, check my tomatoes, and test the pool water as I always do. I enjoy the quiet of the morning, before people let their barking dogs out into their yards, before there are cars driving through the neighborhood, before the real meat of the day begins.

What was different about this morning however, was the faint addition of music wafting over the rooftops and into my backyard. Once I was able to identify this mysterious song, I recognized it immediately...

"This land is your land, this land is my land,
From California, to the New York Island,
From he Redwood Forest, to the Gulf Stream waters,
This land was made for you and me..."

I have to assume it was being broadcast from the elementary school down the street, but I found it especially heartwarming this morning as I puttered outside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment