Sunday, January 23, 2011

The not-so-off, day off...

I've been neglecting my personal blog. Again. But dang it if I can't find a spare minute to pop in and write about something. Anything. Let alone something though provoking, interesting, or captivating. {sigh}

I've been working like a dog. Seriously. Which sounds weird, I know, because I'm technically a "stay-at-home mom" and whatnot. But my business is booming, and I'm admittedly struggling to keep up. I fear I'm going to have to change my store policies yet again because my standard 3-5 day turnaround promise is just not working out any more! Plus, I'm working on some new lines to debut, and exploring some new projects as well. All of this while also working on my "Little Birdie Blog" networking, turtorials, and upcoming guest blogs and feature pieces. I'm pooped. And I'm a full-time stay at home mom. So there's that.

So today I decided to take the day off. No looking at my shop stats, no renewing listings every 4 hours, no working on orders, no working on the new lines, no catching up on future blog posts, nothing. Day off.

Except that the moment I stop working, I see boxes of Christmas decor that still need to go in the attic, I see the dishwasher that needs to be emptied, I see dust collecting on the shelves, I see that I'm about out of baby food and I need to make some more, I see that I need to go grocery shopping, and I see about 10 loads of laundry that needs to be done.

So...

"Day off"

It's kind of exhausting to have to be "on" 24/7... like for real. I've had jobs in the past where I worked 60-80 hours a week but I always had at least one day. One day to rest and rejuvenate, one day to sleep in, one day to myself.

I imagine that now, but even in my imaginary day off I miss my little girl. I'm so attached to her... If I even take off to go shopping while hubby watches her, I still think about her. It's always been that way with my hubby too. I guess I'm just an attached person when it comes to the ones I love.

Of course I'm sure hubby is feeling much the same way. He's already worked every single day this week. I know all of this is helping us get to the place we want to be, but the "getting there" is tough. It's hard to remind ourselves that the sacrifices we make today result in our "happier" ending later. When we don't have to rent anymore. When we don't have to be surrounded by people you don't know living just feet away across the fence. When the baby will have all the room in the world to run and play and do whatever tickles her little girl fancy. Someday...

However, my super sweet hubby did get me a massage for my birthday on Friday, so I do have to say that I'm super pumped for that. :) And my momma is coming to visit in two weeks, and she's offered to watch the little booger so hubby and I can go out for a night. I'm looking forward to that, too. :)

Okay... well off to my day off: no work, just... um... other work. LOL


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment