Wednesday, December 9, 2009

needing a kickstart.

I know I haven't been writing... it's not because I don't want to, or can't endlessly think of things to write about, I've just been feeling a little stifled I guess. Mostly from the invasion of my blog by an unwelcome source. But I've decided not to change the name of my blog after all. It's who I am, and I truly don't feel like I have anything to hide. Whether it's a friend who reads, a co-worker, employer, or even a stranger, what you see is what you get. If that's not good enough, then I guess that means it's time for "us" to part ways.

I'm sort of appalled about the state of society today in which employers especially feel that they can judge people based on their personal lives. If I am otherwise a private person, and yet still your star employee, then why would anything I write in my private life concern you in any way? It seems like these things are happening more and more every day to people everywhere. Does this mean that we should all be shut-ins and stifle our personalities in order to appease a judgmental person existing only in our outside lives? I say no.

Thanks to Nancy for giving me a little hope this morning with her message to me. I needed a kickstart, and I needed to get this off my chest. I refuse to be a by-product of a broken society. I can only be the person I am, and that is enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment