Friday, March 7, 2008

everything happens for a reason.

Candice sent me a GREAT quote this week, and it's got me thinking about something that I do all too much...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength." --Corrie Ten Boom

I worry. I worry about my future, I worry about my job, I worry about whether or not I'm feeding my dog enough. Mostly I worry that I'm making the right decisions in my life from day to day. I'm just a worrier by nature, I guess. I told her this, and this is what she told me:

Cando: "Well stop it! :) Planning out of slight anxiety is one thing, worrying when nothing can be done (and knowing that worry has NEVER actually prevented anything) is just insanity."

She's right, I know that. I guess that's why she's going to be a psych doctor! In any case, I'm working on it... But I would like to hear everyone's thoughts! And how in the heck do you train yourself not to worry?? Am I supposed to just assume that I'm always doing the right thing and making the right choices just because I'm making them?

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment