Friday, March 28, 2008

stay in your lane, you jerk.

That specific phrase comes out of my mouth at LEAST twice a day. Actually, it usually sounds more like "What the fuck are you doing you stupid fuck? Stay in your fucking lane!!" LOL **I think it should be noted that I don’t actually "like" to use profanity because I think it’s one of the most ignorant ways to express yourself, but these situations make me angry beyond compare, and those are the only words that seem to fit the situation.**

Isn’t that ridiculous? It seems like in a pulsing metropolis like Houston that people would know how to drive. Not because "big city folk" are better drivers or anything, but because it’s a necessity. There are hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of people commuting here every day, and if you don’t know how to drive, then you get hurt. Or worse, you get killed. 

Despite those statistics, and the harsh reality of that situation, people around here just can’t seem to stay in their damn lane. Maybe I attract that kind of driver, but I honestly almost got run over THREE TIMES this morning on my way to work just because some ignorant imbecile can’t keep their hybrid honda/unnecessarily large truck/mini-van between the little white dashes that indicate where the lanes are! 

Why do you INSIST on swerving into my lane?
Are you DRUNK at 9am?
Do you not SEE me?
Or is it the more likely solution, that you’re just a fucking idiot, and you have no business driving in the first place?

I’m just SO TIRED of it. It literally happens EVERY SINGLE DAY. Yesterday when I was on my way home from work, I almost got sideswiped by a school bus. A SCHOOL BUS PEOPLE! These morons are being entrusted with the lives of our children, and they’re trying to kill people left and right. Let’s just say that if I hadn’t been paying close attention (as I certainly HAVE to these days, for fear of getting in a wreck every 10 seconds) I would not be writing this blog today. I would be in the hospital in traction, all because some stupid school bus driver was swerving all over the road. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen what a bus can do to a compact car, but it’s just not pretty.

What is the deal here???

No comments:

Post a Comment