Wednesday, April 8, 2009

life in the grass.


I came home from work today and amazingly enough, somehow the dog didn't notice. Usually she starts barking and throwing a fit as soon as one of us comes home, but she must have been distracted by a squirrel or a ladybug fart... something important I'm sure. Since she was oblivious to me, I went ahead with my business and opened up all the blinds so I could enjoy the last hour or so of daylight in the house. I noticed little Tina dog outside just rolling around lazily in the grass, laying out on her back with all four feet in the air just looking relaxed as could be. I was so jealous. I wanted to run out there and lay in the grass with her just to know the carefree life she must live. No bills, no work, no worries. Just wake up in the morning and go play outside all day until Mommy and Daddy come home and shower her with affection. She knows she's going to get fed at the same time everyday, go on car rides on Saturday mornings, and even sleep in the bed once in awhile.

I think she knows she's got it made.

No comments:

Post a Comment