Wednesday, April 1, 2009

get back on track.

I am easily distracted. Obviously. However, instead of beating myself up about my shortcoming, I am going to embrace it and hopefully make it work.

I hear this morning that newspapers are reporting their own eminent deaths. Print media is going out of style, and fast. How sad that they can see it coming?

BREAKING STORY! WE'RE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!
BUY OUR PAPER AND READ ALL ABOUT IT!

(Not that I have much elbow room here, at least half of my job revolves around print media, but that's probably another blog.) What I do not understand, however, is why they are letting it happen? Get on that multimedia bandwagon people! Stop reporting on how your industry is going down the tubes, and get out there and try new things. Blog! Promote your online news site! Something!! Just because the company started out as a newspaper, doesn't mean it has to stay that way. Look at Proctor&Gamble. They started out as a soap and candle company in 1837, and now they produce and develop everything from dog food, to cosmetics, to batteries, to kitchen appliances. Business is all about adapting to the current economic climate, not succumbing to it. Looks like the newspapers' marketing departments are falling down on the job...


I also hear that the price of ammunition is being raised within the next month to accommodate a new tax Mr. O felt was necessary. So now, people are going to be paying almost 3 times what they were pre-taxation for their ammo. As far as the basics of economics go, it seems that this will lend to more ammo buying now (stockpiling if you will), and lots and lots of angry people.

Angry People + Lots of Ammo = Really Bad Things.

There has already been marked increases in the number of people applying for concealed handgun licenses in the last 3 months. (3 months huh... strange correlation to the timing of the inauguration.) I wish there was some explanation for this, but it seems that accomplishing personal agendas at the expense of the tax payers is what Mr. O does best. So I guess we'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'll see you guys out at the shooting range. LOL ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment